Monday, July 7, 2008

My Shabby Chic Frenchy Apartment

Nearly everything you see here (in my living room) is either from a garage sale, flea-market, garbage-picked, from a resale store or a hand-me-down from a friend. By the way, I'm totally obsessed with all things French...if you haven't already noticed!



Living room area: 6' Shelving unit is from a garage sale: $ 10, Framed drawings are post cards from an art show: $3 each, frames are Target clearance: $2 each. Two hanging lamps (you can see the bottoms) are from Ikea: $ 10 each. Misc. items on the shelves were gifts, random finds at TJ Maxx and from resale stores. My television is cropped out under the framed drawings...there's not really anything shabby chic about a television.




Living room area: Curtains...I LOVE these curtains. I purchased them at a yard sale in Birminham, MI. I paid $5 for the set, and they were brand new in fancy packaging! The full length mirror was a gift from my friend's Christina and Courtney (not sure where they found it). The framed image leaning next to the mirror was a garage sale find: $1 (and it's a nice frame). The ledge below the window is an unfinished wood board placed atop an iron radiator (my apartment is 120 years old)...and the ceramic pieces were hand made by me! Bamboo is cheap from Ikea!



Bedroom area: I really need a great headboard and many, many more pillows. I know it's hard to make out the bed spread, it's a Damask patterned duvet cover (queen) from Kohls. I believe I paid about $40 for it, also came with two shams. The long, round pillow (sorry, blanking on the technical term) is from Target clearance: $ 7. The two tiny pillows on the nightstand are from World Market (clearance): $4 each. The bamboo nightstand is from a garage sale: $5. The lamp was a gift from Cera: Fratz Consignment in Fenton, MI; price unknown :) Window curtain is stolen from an old roommate: Free.

1 comments:

dianegr08 said...

Hi Haley,
I don't know if my prior posting made it onto your blog...so, I'll repeat it:
Your "shabby-chic" reminds me of the white bedroom set I had when I was ten years old....which I still have sans the double bed! Too bad, it would have done for your rendition of the headboard featured on your blog. I still have the bureau (tall dresser), the desk (no chair), and the dresser with mirror, which I am going to use as a bathroom sink when we finish the upstairs. I may need some pointers though, for the formica top when I am ready to insert the sink bowl. I am not sure whether we will need a special saw blade!
Love ya'
Mom
PS...now, that is actually Shabby CHEAP chic!